For Immediate Release
October 10, 2023
NEDME – NW Electronics Design & Manufacturing Expo ATTENDEE Registration Opens
The Northwest Electronics Design and Manufacturing Expo (NEDME) is back and will hold its Twentieth event on October 18th, at the Tektronix campus in Beaverton, OR. The expo will bring together 50 exhibitors, 9 technical sessions, a panel and two keynote speakers to help you run and grow your electronics business.
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Place: Tektronix, Building #38, 3025 SW Zworykin Ave, Beaverton, OR 97005
Cost: Attendees: $20 admission and $10 per added technical session.
This year, NEDME is proud to present keynotes on AI, and a 20-year retrospective and a look into the electronics industry’s future:
- Robert Vaughn, IT@Intel AI Domain Manager, who will address how Intel is leveraging AI in its manufacturing operations.
- Duane Benson will look back at how far we’ve come in electronics design and manufacturing over the last twenty years – since the first NEDME event – and contrast that to where the industry will be in the next twenty years.
New for 2023: A Panel discussion: the latest in measurement – organized by Tektronix.
Featured exhibits include the Tektronix Museum, with a display of vintage Tek equipment and the PSU Aerospace Society, featuring their latest rocket technology.
Technical Sessions include (registration required):
- PCB Design for Success – Matt Stevenson, ASC Sunstone Circuits
- Advances in PCB Materials – Darren Hitchcock, Panasonic
- Generative AI: Opportunities and Risks – Laura Zager, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Accelerating the Market Adoption of Your Innovation – Jerry Vieira, The QMP Group
- Production Capacity Forecasting – Leonard Weitman, Weitman Consulting
- What you need to Know to Attract Capital for Growth – Joe Connors, Umpqua Bank
- The Elephants in the Room – Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
- Staying Afloat on a Wing and a Prayer – John Jackley, ATC
- Necessary Leadership Skills for Engineers – Phil Bride, Rogue River Consulting
NEDME is the largest event of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. Originally called OctoberBest, it was a small collection of industry people enjoying food and good company at the Washington County Fairgrounds. Today, NEDME is held at the Tektronix Campus in Beaverton and features nearly 75 exhibitors from Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, and draws several hundred attendees each year.
True to its original values, this Northwest event continues to bring together members of the local high-tech industry in a unique way, all the while supporting a good cause—with a portion of the proceeds from the show to benefit the Oregon Food Bank.
Registration required. To register or learn more about the expo, go to www.nedme.com. Continental breakfast and Lunch included with registration.
NEDME is sponsored by The Electronics Manufacturing Association (EMA) and Electronics Representative’s Association (ERA).